Michael and Margarethe Adler with their family from Viernheim take over the former Hugel inn and the butchery in Lindenstraße in Bonndorf.
The son Hans Adler and his wife Liesel take over the butchery and inn. The range of sausage products is increased.
In the 50s the mail order business with Black Forest smoked products commences.
1959 is the birth year of Black Forest ham: ADLER starts selling its most famous product, created by using a recipe that’s well over a 100 years old. Salting, curing and smoking was used to preserve meat when home slaughtering was still common practice. The traditional procedure not only prolongs the ham’s shelf life, it also adds to its typical rich aroma.
Adler inn is closed. The abattoir and meat cutting plant is erected on the present-day company premises.
Founding of Hans Adler OHG Schwarzwälder Fleischwaren. The son Peter Adler becomes co-partner and systematically promotes the production of smoked products.